Wednesday, April 18, 2012

What April 18th Means To Me: Waking Up

Perhaps I'm too much of a believer in the Butterfly Effect, but I also figure small, meaningless alterations in hopes of wholesale changes can't hurt.  I suppose it's no different than praying.  Though, admittedly, I probably take too much stock in it all.

That said, every six months or so, I change the sound of my alarm clock, as if the new noise will somehow  usher in a more exciting life.  My new selection?



There's something equally comforting and absurd waking up to the sound of a duck quacking, but since Apple leaves no stone unturned when it comes to detail, I assume the quacking duck option was selected for a good reason.  So, in the name of optimism, I will assume the duck is a clairvoyant with news of riches.

Do you know my cousin Scrooge McDuck?


Yes, that guy.


That's you, baby
I've had it for a few days now, and all its done is make me question the choice.  I generally stare at the phone with one eye open and ponder it for a moment before I forget about it and stumble to the bathroom for the morning pee. 

You're Welcome
File this one under #DesperateAttemptsAtGainingControl

No comments:

Post a Comment